Pages

Sunday 7 September 2014

The 21 Questions Tag


Hey guys, so seen as I’m new to this whole blogging thing I thought I would give you the chance to get to know me a bit more by answering the 21 questions tag, which I tagged myself to do. I looked around at different questions for inspiration and came up with the ones I found the most interesting and fun.

So without further ado, here are my answers to 21 questions about myself. Enjoy :)

1.  Are you named after anyone?
No, I wasn’t named after anyone in particular. My mum had a friend who looked after a little girl named Eleanor when she lived in London (before I was born) and that’s where my mum started to like the name. She initially called me Eleanor because, at the time, she didn’t know many other people with that name, but then I went to school and little Eleanor’s seemed to be everywhere.

2.  When was the last time you cried?
I think the last time I cried was when I was watching a sad film, as I do tend to do that a lot. I’m not sure which film it was as I can’t remember the last time I cried clearly.

3.  Do you have any allergies?
Nope. I have never been allergic to anything and I hope to remain that way J Unlike my Dad who is allergic to everything!

4.     What is the one thing you like least about yourself?
The one thing that I like least about myself would be my skin. It is so unpredictable and I never feel as though it looks good. Big spots and blemishes all the time that I wish would disappear. But I suppose I can’t complain too much as I always have the option of using makeup, but that’s something I can never be bothered with. But it would be nice to have perfect natural skin.

5.    
What is the one thing you like best about yourself?
The one thing I like most about myself would be my hair, definitely. I know it’s not the best hair out there, but I love it so much as I enjoy doing different things with it and putting it in different styles. For those of you who don’t know, I have blonde hair and until recently it had been incredibly long and I had a different do every day. However, over a month ago I decided to take the plunge and chop it all off. It was one of the biggest shocks of my life and something I’ve had to get used to, especially as my variety of hairstyles have now diminished by at least two thirds, but I still love it and am still trying to make it look different each day.

6.    
Will you ever bungee jump?
I know that I would be absolutely terrified and have many second, third, fourth and fifth thoughts before-hand, but I would definitely do a bungee jump. I know that I’d love it as soon as I did it, I just can’t let my mind get the better of me.

7.    
Are you a messy or an organised person?
In many ways I am a bit of both. In terms of organising school revision timetables, setting out work, setting alarms and making countless lists of completely unnecessary things, I am extremely organised and very over-the-top with it. However, I also have the messiest room in my house and can’t keep it tidy for more than a day. Not many of my possessions have a set place in my room and everything ends up on the floor in the end.

8.     What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Most people would say the eyes, and I have to say that that would be what I notice second. I’m a sucker for adorable eyes and love checking out the colour of the people I see. But, the thing I notice first would be the hair. I find that a person’s hair is something that makes up a large percentage of their head and I like making note of the colour, length and style.

9.    
What is your eye colour?
My eyes are a medium blue; they are neither a light blue nor a dark blue, they are just in the middle. However, upon inspection I’ve found that one of my eyes have small and virtually invisible brown stripes against the blue, which I think it pretty cool. But, you’d have to get really close to see.

10.    
Do you have a job?
Yes, I do have a job that I have had for nearly a year, since July 2013. I am a lifeguard and a swimming teacher and Driffield Leisure Centre, which is conveniently just across the road from my house. And I must say, I do look good in red and yellow ;)

11.    
Summer or winter?
Winter, definitely. Summer is an amazing and beautiful season, but winter just sends chills down my spine (and that’s not just from the cold). I love it when you have to wrap up in jumpers, coats, gloves, hats and scarves to go outside and obviously, when it snows you can have the best times ever! Snowmen, snowball fights and snow angels are what epitomize Christmas for me; my favourite time of the year.

12.    
What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
The furthest I have ever been from home would be when I was 13/14 years old and I went to Tenerife with my Swimming squad. This was in 2010 and we went without our parents on a training camp with our coaches. We were there for a week and unfortunately didn’t get to enjoy much of the surrounding area as we were training every morning and evening in the swimming pool which we had to hike up a massive hill to get to (we did this in order to train at a different altitude). But, we did get a day off from swimming when we decided to go to … a water park. Haha, not much of a difference but it was incredibly fun J

13.    
Are you a ‘morning’ or a ‘night’ person?
Oh, I’m definitely a ‘night person’. Mornings are my enemy and I hate having to get out of my cosy warm bed which I want to stay in all day, but when it comes to night time I’m wide awake and don’t want to go back to sleep. This is when I end up on the internet or watching films until the early hours of the morning :/

14.    
Where were you born?
I was born in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. However this is not where I am from. To be honest, I don’t know where I am from. My mum and my dad (before they split up) used to move around a lot as my father was in the RAF. This meant we had many different homes, a lot of which I can’t remember as I was so young.

15.    
What are your hobbies?
I have many hobbies, some of them you know about already. One of my biggest pass-times is reading. I do this all the time and in many different forms such as reading normal books (my favourite form of reading), reading fan fictions about YouTubers and members of boy bands, and reading the blog posts of all my favourite internet bloggers. Writing is something else that I do a lot of, especially now that I have started Eleanor’s Little Space, and I enjoy it immensely. Another hobby would be swimming. Although I do not swim to the level I have done in the past, I am currently a member of the Beverly Barracudas Swim Squad and am enjoying training three times a week.

16.    
Do you have any pets?
In the past I have had many different pets, but now I only have one cat and one dog. My cat is called Fuzz, so named because of her massive and fuzzy lion mane which is constantly getting matted and collecting bits of the outside. My dog is a border collie called Mac, who is absolutely mental and I think he’s a bit OCD.

Image: Mac Attack!

17.     Do you have any siblings?
Yes, I have a (not so little) little brother called William who is nearly 16 years old and actually looks 18, which is depressing when I’m nearly 18 and look 12. We get along really well and tell each other everything, which some people find really weird because they wouldn’t dream of telling their siblings their deepest and darkest secrets, but William and I have grown up telling each other everything and we just haven’t stopped.

18.     Who do you live with at the moment?
At the moment I am doing my A-Levels which means I am still leaving at home with my family. I am living with my brother William, my mum Nicola and my dad Josh. My mum is amazing and she is seriously the bestest of the best and we are so alike, it’s actually quite scary. My dad is actually my stepdad, but he’s been around since I was 3 years old so he’s basically my real dad in my eyes, and he’s great too. I will continue living with these three people, as well as Mac and Fuzz, until I have finished Year 13 at Sixth Form and move out to go to University. I only have one year left of this, so I’ll have to make the most of it whilst I can.

19.     Who are your closest friends?
I have a small group of my closest friends that I talk to like family and would tell anything to. Just me and three other girls who I met at different times after moving up to ‘Big School’ in Year 7 and never really got to know until Year 9. Their names are Georgina Middlewood, Charlotte Harman and Amy Phillips. In Year 9 we all grew closer together and created our own little group which we called ‘The Green Team’. Please don’t ask why we called ourselves this, because we have no idea. And now over three years of friendship have passed and we are still as close as ever, despite having one member of the group, Amy, leave us to go to college when the rest of us stayed at Sixth Form. We still meet up when we can and talk about anything and everything.

20.     What is one thing you do not eat?
Ever since being old enough to eat whole foods I have detested the abominations that are mushrooms! They’re awful and slimy and chewy and icky and just eww! Just NO!

21.     What is one of your favourite quotes?
Being the avid reader that I am I have many quotes that I love, but my favourite one spoke to me on a personal level and found me in an unexpected way. About three or four years ago I was looking around WHSmith’s for a book and I came across “Mr Darcy, Vampyre”, a book written by Amanda Grange and was a gothic sequel to Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”. As I had read “Pride and Prejudice” and loved it I was intrigued by this take on the story and started leafing through the pages. And as I did I found a yellow post-it note stuck in on page 203. On the post-it was written: ‘Don’t give up when you still have something to give, nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying <3’ I have no idea where the quote had come from or who had written this and placed it in a random book in the shop, but it had spoken to me and had made my day. So I bought the book and have lived by that quote ever since. I truly believe that one should never stop trying at something they want, and I also believe that there are some truly great and inspirational people out there, like the anonymous person that left that post-it for some stranger to read and smile at.

Image: The Post-It
Okay guys, that’s all 21 questions answered.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and learning some more information about me, and hopefully you feel as though you know me better than you did.

Comment below what some of your answers to these questions would be as I would love to know more about you, and perhaps comment with some different questions that you would like me to answer and I might make a similar post for you guys in the future.

Also, recently I have discovered this wonderful website called Redbubble where you can find art designs and place them on products of your choice; products such as T-Shirts, hoodies, pillows and posters. I have made a few designs myself and hope to make more soon, as I have fully enjoyed it.

If you guys want to head over there, check out my art work, and perhaps buy some products with my designs on, feel free :) Just click on the link below...

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it.


Eleanor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment