Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

My Summer Shopping Haul

Hey guys, so today I thought I’d share with you my summer shopping haul as I had a really nice day out at the beginning of the summer holidays, all by myself, and I bought some awesome things and had a great day just wandering around the shops of Hull.

I caught the train from my small town of Driffield and travelled all the way to Kingston upon Hull, the nearest city to me which has decent shops. In the city centre there are two main shopping centres that I personally visit, and they are St. Stevens and Princess Quay. Now, even though I looked around many, many other shops on my day out, I actually only bought things from four shops in total. I much prefer window shopping in the higher end, expensive shops and doing the majority of my purchasing in the cheaper ones ;)


Most of the clothes I bought for myself were from Primark in Princess Quay Shopping Centre, and I walked away with a total of seven items from here: three dresses, two tops, a short-suit and some jeans. I am about to show you these items but first I must apologise for not having the exact names and prices for all these. However, I have the pictures of me wearing them and I can tell the the sizes I'm wearing. If I choose to do another blog post like this in the future, then I shall remember to keep all the receipts.

So, without further ado, here they are…
Image: Purple Floor-Length Dress
Shop: Primark
Brand: Atmosphere
Size: 8


Image: Pink Knee-Length Dress
Shop: Primark
Brand: Atmosphere
Size: 8








Image: Aboriginal Print Knee-Length Dress
Shop: Primark
Brand: Atmosphere
Size: 12


These three dresses are beautiful and I love them all. The first one is an extremely pink, pink dress that looks quite school-girly in its innocence, but quite shocking due to its bright colour. I am loving the white, high collar and would much prefer to be wearing a white belt with this outfit, to match with the collar and complete the look.

The second dress is a super-soft purple dress that goes all the way down to the floor. It is very figure-hugging and flattering and you can wear it out anywhere, in the summer, as it is not too fancy. I’m thinking a day to the beach must be in order to properly break-in this dress :)


And dress number three is my favourite out of them all; its different coloured print is interesting and pretty. I have worn this on many different occasions since buying it as I love it so much and can’t get enough of it. This is a size 12, which I didn’t actually realise until I was writing this post, however it seems to fit me, even though most of the clothes I buy are usually 8 – 10 (please note that all sizes are UK sizes). Another thing that attracted me to this dress is the back, and for those who are interested, this is what it looks like:

Image: Dress No. 3 from the Back
(Excuse the bra straps!)

As well as the dresses, I also got this beautiful and sweet short-suit that is just the right amount of floaty and figure-hugging; not too tight, but not too loose. This outfit is split up the back, which wouldn’t be a problem except you can see your bra strap clearly, (something my mum doesn’t really like the look of) but I’ve still worn this whilst out-and-about.

Image: Black Floral-Print Short-Suit
Shop: Primark
Brand: Atmosphere
Size: 8
Image: Floral from the Back






















Next would be the trousers and two tops. I am wearing the grey, faded jeans in both pictures and I love them so much. They fit me perfectly, are so soft and comfortable and as they are jeans you can pretty much wear them with anything you want. This is good for me as I wear jeans all the time due to my excessive T-Shirt collection.

Image: White Crop Top with Lace Body
Shop: Primark
Brand: Atmosphere
Size: 8
Image: Grey Jeans and Black and Yellow
Floral Baseball Jersey T-Shirt
Shop: Primark
Jeans:
Brand: Denim Co.
Size: 8
Top:
Brand: Atmosphere
Size: 8



























This first top is in a baseball jersey style with black sleeves and a see-through yellow body. Its floral pattern and yellow colour make the top look very fresh and summery, whereas the jersey style makes this look bolder and more interesting, in my opinion. The second top from Primark is a white crop-top with lace hanging over it, which means it’s sexy as its showing some skin for summer, but you are still keeping a bit to the imagination.

As well as shopping in Primark, I bought some fancier clothes from a shop in the St. Stevens Shopping Centre called Select. I did this as I had a night out in Driffield as part of a staff leaving do, so I thought I’d make the effort and get some nice clothes (this night did not go to plan, I might add, as I got all dressed up just to get turned away at the door of Wetherspoons at 8 O’CLOCK because I didn’t have ID!!!!!) From here I bought this lovely and flattering black skater dress which shows off curves, but is still very modest. I can’t wait to wear this out. Only 1 month and 16 days until my eighteenth!!!!! :D

Image: Black Knee-Length Skater Dress
Shop: Select
Size: 8

As I am naturally a very indecisive person, I could not just settle on one choice for my night out. So, I also bought the following three items from Select; an amazing skirt which I love and will wear all the time, and two different tops to go with it. In the shop I had already realised that I preferred the shirt/top combo for the night do, but I still could not make up my mind about which of the two tops, and I still loved the dress, so I bought them ALL!

Image: Combo No. 1 from the Back
Skirt:
Shop: Select
Size: 6
Image: Shirt/Top Combo No. 1
Top:Shop: Select
Size: 8


























Image: Combo No.2 from the Back
And this is Combo No.2. Let me know in the comments below which shirt/top combo you prefer...


Image: Skirt/top Combo No.2
Top:
Shop: Select
Size: 8


























After careful consideration and enlisting the help of both my parents, I eventually chose Combo No.1, and I was so excited to show it off which made me extra disappointed and annoyed that I was turned away from the pub :(


To go with both combinations I bought these cheap high heeled boots (I can actually remember that these were £18) because my family and I have just moved house and all my heels are packed in boxes. I ended up getting a size smaller than I usually buy as the fives were, for some reason, too big. But even though they are not the best quality, I still really like them.

Image: Black 5 Inch Heels
Shop: Select
Size: 4
And this now brings me to my favourite purchase of the day and something I have wanted for ages. I was actually going to ask my parents for these as an eighteenth birthday present, but I saw them in the sale and couldn’t resist...

Image: Turquoise Nike Wedged-Heel Trainers
Shop: Schuh
Size: 5

I love these so much and wear them all the time when I am anywhere but work (where I have been so often lately). They are so comfy and I love the mixture of heels and trainers. I originally just wanted some designer trainers with the massive lip at the front, but the heeled ones where too good to pass up. I needed them!

And now only three more purchases to go, but not of the clothing and shoe kind. After watching many videos from one of my favourite YouTubers, Zoella, I decided to go into TopShop (at Zoe’s recommendation) and buy some of the high street lipsticks. I bought three different ones and love each of the colours. This one was first…

Image: TopShop Lip Bullet #1
Colour: Bewitched
Image: 'Bewitched' Close Up
Image: 'Bewitched' Final Effect

This first colour is one of TopShop’s Lip Bullets in the colour ‘Bewicthed’. I like it a lot, despite it being my mum’s least favourite. I also think that it doesn’t go very well with my light clothing. I think it would work better with darker clothes and my big boots. I think I’ll pack this for Leeds Fest which I’m going to on the 22nd of August. I’m so excited for Arctic Monkeys!

Image: 'Back In The Game' Close Up
Next…

Image: TopShop Lip Bullet #2
Colour: Back In The Game


Image: 'Back In The Game' Final Effect
Another on of TopShop’s Lip Bullets and this is in the colour ‘Back in the Game’. It is a very pink lipstick and I feel as though it will go very well with the pink dress I bought on the same day. I like this colour as it is very sweet and girly, which is weird for me as I’m not very girly myself, but it is very pretty and lives up to its name as I think it would be great for a night out.

And the third from TopShop…

Image: TopShop Creamy Finish Lipstick
Colour: Straight Ace
Image: 'Straight Ace' Close Up


Image: 'Straight Ace' Final Effect
(Weird face)

This is TopShop's Creamy Finish Lipstick in the colour 'Straight Ace'. I really like this colour and it may be my favourite. However, these pictures do not show the true colour of this lipstick as it is actually a lot darker on the lips and a lot lighter on the actual stick, than is shown above.

So, that's it for my summer shopping haul. I really enjoyed making this post and hope that you enjoy reading is also, so let me know in the comments. I realise that it has been a while since I posted on my blog, despite the fact that I said I had a lot of great ideas for you, but I've had a lot of computer troubles that couldn't be overcome, unfortunately. But I'm back now and you can expect more from me in the future.

Until then, thank you for reading.

Eleanor :)


No comments:

Post a Comment